I don't see the option to download a file on 1Password 7 on Mac

Options
byteartisan
byteartisan
Community Member

Hi support,

I am in the process of evaluating the trial version of 1Password 7 on the Mac and I am loving it so far. However I have been unable to locate the option to download a file. Is this option available?

See attached screenshot of what I see when I right click on the file.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 download file

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @byteartisan! Try "click to view" in your screenshot. :)

• byteartisan
    byteartisan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your response. For file extension types recognized by 1Password e.g. txt clicking on Click to View shows the contents of the file in 1Password. However for file extension types not recognized by 1Password, that option isn't there. (see screenshot below)

Is there a way to trigger a download to the file system for such files? The website appears to have such an option (see screenshot below)

Thanks.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2019
    Options

@byteartisan

Try clicking the downward-facing arrow beside "Quick Look" which is over the icon, and then select "Show in Finder." This action will open a Finder window with the location of the now decrypted document. Please note the document is now unencrypted until 1Password is locked. From this Finder window, you can copy or move the document. However, please be aware once relocated, it is outside of 1Password, and you should take appropriate measures to safeguard it.

This one really stumped me at first. I am happy I was the one to share it with you. :)

edit - clarity

• byteartisan
    byteartisan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Tommy_1P

You recommendation worked. Yeah, it is pretty hard one to figure out, but I'm glad there is a smart way to do it.

Thanks a lot of for your help

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@byteartisan - on behalf of Tommy_1p, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.