Can't login - LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted.

Fredc
Fredc
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Business and Teams

Hi guys,

Trying to login via web browser (version 726) and getting:

Can’t sign in.
LegacyServerError: Operation is not permitted.

Also tried android app (version 7.3.4) and it's not syncing, logs say same issue.

Should I be worried or are you having any issues?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Fredc
    Fredc
    Community Member

Alright seems like i'm in again. Any idea what caused this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Fredc! I'm sorry for the difficulty. Short answer: this is an issue we're aware of and working on a fix for it. Yes, we've got an idea what's causing it. No, you didn't do anything wrong. If this happens in the future, waiting an hour should clear the issue and allow you to sign into your account in a browser again...as you've discovered. And even during the time you get this LegacyServerError message in a browser, you can continue to use your data in any 1Password apps you've already signed into your account with. Finally, you're always welcome to contact us if you run into the issue again; we may be able to help on our end (though it depends on circumstances). Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience with us as we work toward a solution for this.

• LQkkeN
    LQkkeN
    Community Member

I can trigger this issue by using 1PWX for Chrome on Windows. I click edit/create which opens my.1password.com. Then I edit/create something and save. This triggers 1PWX in Chrome to ask me to reauthenticate (which is a pain the ass). Once I've done this about 3 times in a row, I won't be able to login on my.1password.com and the state of 1PWX does not contain the updated credentials.

This has been going on for months.

• jamiereid
    jamiereid
    Community Member

I'm suffering this after removing 2fa from my account to move authentication to another device.

• Hi @LQkkeN! Sorry about that. We're working on sorting this out in 1Password X. In the meantime, you can use the 1Password desktop extension in Chrome, which connects to the 1Password desktop app directly.

@jamiereid Could you send us an email at support@1password.com about that please? We'll take a closer look at what's going on there. :)

This discussion has been closed.