Why do I need to log in again after closing the browser?

I like previous browser extensions, as long as 1Password software unlocks itself, even if the browser is closed, the browser extension will not require re-unlocking, which is a great design.
So why can't 1Password X do this? I hope to provide such support. It is inconvenient to log in again after closing the browser.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10 1903
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @ilolita! I'm glad you reached out. We currently offer two different browser extensions. One of them operates solely off of the 1Password desktop app and the other lives solely in the browser (1Password X). The fact that 1Password X is limited to the browser means that when you fully close the browser, the extension also locks. I understand your pain there, and we did recently come out with Desktop App Integration with 1Password for Mac, which allows 1Password for Mac and 1Password X to communicate. That being said, it looks like you're on Windows and we haven't quite made it that far.

You're welcome to check out our legacy browser extension that locks only when the 1Password desktop app is locked. I do like 1Password X much better, but we want to make sure we offer both extensions while we're working on improving the communication between the 1Password desktop app and 1Password X.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.