Edit screen on 1Password 7 macOS app blocks mouse input

Options
NickAnderegg
NickAnderegg
Community Member

When I have the Edit screen open for an item, my computer stops receiving any mouse input except mouse movement and button clicks. Here is a video of this occurring: https://d.pr/j5LX4h/C53dCnMj1U

In the beginning of the video, I'm attempting to scroll up and down with my mouse wheel, but as you can see, the form is refusing to scroll. After I click Save to exit the editing screen, I'm then able to scroll up and down on the entry.

This isn't a 1Password UI issue per se, but rather an issue with how 1Password is capturing my mouse input. If I open the edit screen within 1Password, move over to my browser, click on my browser, and attempt to scroll up and down, I'm unable to. So something about the edit interface is capturing all of my mouse input and killing it.

This could have something to do with how my mouse and mouse software actually work. I have a Logitech MX Master 2S and I am running the Logi Options software, which allow me to add new functions to the mouse. For example, if I hold down the button under my thumb and drag the mouse side to side, I can switch between desktop areas within the Mission Control feature on macOS. It does this by sending the keyboard shortcuts for moving left and right between desktops. There are also two buttons that allow me to move left and right through tabs within a window by sending the Option + Cmd + Left and Option + Cmd + Right keyboard shortcuts. When I have an Edit window open in 1Password, NONE of these functions (scrolling, switching tabs, switching desktops) work in ANY window of any application.

I suspect the issue may be an interaction between the Logi Options driver and 1Password, because the Logi Options app allows me to set the pointer movement speed and scrolling speed of the mouse.

The instant I click on the Edit button within 1Password (and this happens consistently), the following error appears in Console:

error 12:27:34.388742-0500 kernel IOHIDLibUserClient:0x10001100c LogiMgrDaemon is not entitled for IOHIDLibUserClient keyboard access

I haven't done much macOS app development, but to me, this looks like the 1Password app is taking exclusive control of keyboard input. Since all of the extended functionality of the MX Master 2S (beyond simple pointer movement) works by sending input to the Logi Options Daemon as if it were a keyboard, this is rendering the mouse useless while the Edit screen is open. Interestingly, with the Edit screen open, I can scroll up and down in my web browser using the arrows on my actual keyboard, but I cannot scroll up and down within the Edit window of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @NickAnderegg! I'm sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. This isn't the first time we've run into this with the Logitech Master series, please see this thread for background and let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.