To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

can't migrate and sync iOS devices

Options
chuckfar
chuckfar
Community Member

went from using the app to an "account" can migrate information and iOS devices are not synced.
could not be more frustrated, been working for an hour to get onto this forum!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't migrate and sync iOS devices

Comments

• chuckfar
    chuckfar
    Community Member
    Options

cannot migrate info

• chuckfar
    chuckfar
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

my email connected to my account is [removed; this is a public forum], which was not recognized when trying to get onto this forum, have been using 1Password since version 3, never had an issue until we were told we needed to go with the "account", say it again pretty frustrated I have had to waste a few hours trying to make this work, maybe I am getting too old to figure this stuff out. can I just cancel the account and go back?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chuckfar -- I'm sorry for the confusion and frustration. If you've created a 1password.com account, that's the best way to use 1Password these days, though you do have to migrate your data on one device, then switch the others over. Fortunately, we've got a great guide for migrating available to you.

Once you've migrated your older standalone 1Password data to your new 1Password account on one device, you'll need to follow these instructions to make sure you set up your other devices as well.

I see you've also asked this same question of our email support team, so if the above guides aren't enough to get you squared away and you need additional assistance with your specific setup, let's keep the conversation going via email, as we don't discuss the details of user's specific setups here in this public forum, for your privacy and security. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.