Autofill not working for Signal app for Android

Philippe23
Philippe23
Community Member

1Password is no longer offering to fill Signal's password prompt. (Signal v4.50.6)

P.S. Please don't remove the 1Password Keyboard. It's a good backup for situations like these, and better than passwords sitting on the clipboard for other apps to stumble upon.

1Password Version: 7.4 BETA-2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ONEPLUS A5000_23_191008 (ie: Android 9)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Philippe23. Thanks for reporting this.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm not seeing where to enter a password in Signal. Are you referring to the passcode that they text you?

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

It appears that it's a ancient grand-fathered setting that's there's no UI to enable it anymore. (I was unaware until you asked that they'd ditched an app specific password.)

Not sure how you'd reproduce to fix it though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Ah, thanks for the update @Philippe23, that will indeed be difficult to test against!

If you put Signal and 1Password side-by-side in split-screen mode, are you able to drag and drop the password from 1Password into Signal? More info on how this works in this guide: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps

• Philippe23
    Philippe23
    Community Member

Side by side mode does work, but it's still a lot more pain than the keyboard (which knows which app is open, so I don't have to search for it.).

• Thanks, @Philippe23. The keyboard isn't going away just yet, so you can continue using it for now. That said, we'll let our team know about this. Let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.