Different browsers - passwords change

tuni12
tuni12
Community Member

About 2 weeks ago, updated to 1PW 7 (not without difficulty- had to go to "support" for a lot of help and removed many old 1Passwords applications that I've had for years)). Have always used FF as my default browser....however when minimized couldn't in FF seem to get 1PW 7 mini to actually open and fill my sites. Therefore, tried using Safari instead as default, using it required all my passwords to be checked and reentered - never knew why - but spent a whole day on that. I don't like Safari and changed back to FF as my default a couple of days ago. Now I keep getting notifications from FF saying "do I want to update this Password in FF?) I can't figure out what's going on - anyone have any thoughts? Note: I did relegate all the passwords I checked and sometimes changed in step above to 1 PW Trash and am holding them there until I get this problem solved. Am very frustrated with 1PW 7....

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6 mojave
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tuni12 - I'm sorry for the frustration. If you're getting a message regarding whether you'd like to update a password in Firefox, it's not coming from 1Password. Can you post a screenshot of the pop-up you're seeing? Make sure not to include any personally-identifying information on it as this is a public foru.

• tuni12
    tuni12
    Community Member

Mostly its coming from Safari. I'm back to using FF as my default. I just turned off the option for Safari to update passwords etc...so far that seems to be working. I still don't like the fact that when I click on 1Password's copy and fill, the mini opens instead of just leading me to the app requiring the password fill. Is this glitch going to be fixed soon? Its very frustrating and time consuming to have to deal with these extra steps.

• @tuni12

I still don't like the fact that when I click on 1Password's copy and fill, the mini opens instead of just leading me to the app requiring the password fill. Is this glitch going to be fixed soon?

I'm not aware of a glitch like what you're describing, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding, or perhaps this is some yet-to-be-reported bug. Could you please walk me through the steps you're talking, what happens, and what you expected to happen instead? Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.