Biometric (fingerprint) unlocking not working on Android 10

jjcampbell87
jjcampbell87
Community Member

Can't get fingerprint scanning to work on my OnePlus 7pro with the latest Android 10 update.
Getting a security.java error

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jjcampbell87! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password app do you currently have installed?

• jjcampbell87
    jjcampbell87
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

@ag_ana 7.3.4. Any help would be appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjcampbell87: I'm sorry for the difficulty. That's a known issue with some OnePlus devices and their customized OS update. The keystone is out of our control, but we've heard from some users affected by that removing all registered fingerprints and then registering them again or formatting the device can resolve that.

• Razguul
    Razguul
    Community Member

If you had programmers that knew what they were doing you wouldn't have this problem.

• @Razguul Indeed, our developers are very experienced and skilled. Unfortunately, the problem here occurs with the Android 10 update rather than 1Password. And even the world's most experienced developers would experience bugs in their software, and issues with other apps and software from time to time. It's an unfortunately inevitability in software development.

• Razguul
    Razguul
    Community Member

So why did it take over 2 months to fix the problem with 1Password not working on the iphone when Apple released version 13.0 of iOS????? All you did was apologize profusely. Really great programmers huh.

• I'm not sure what problem you're referring to, as 1Password has been working with iOS 13. That said, you replied to a thread about an issue with Biometric Unlock becoming disabled in Android 10. If you're having trouble with 1Password for iOS, please post about that in the iOS category. https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-ios

• vifi
    vifi
    Community Member

Is there any fix for this? I tried removing my fingerprints but this didnt do anything. I am not formatting my device for this.

How is this an issue with Oneplus's Android 10 as I'm able to use my fingerprint just fine with other apps such as Authy.

• Hi @vifi, we've heard from a couple of other users that removing all security settings from the device may be enough to get fingerprint unlock fully functioning again.

To do this, first remove all fingerprints, then remove all screen unlock security options (passcode, PIN, pattern, or any other). Next restart the device and then set up your screen unlock security, and add your fingerprints back in.

With that done are you able to turn Fingerprint Unlock back on in 1Password?

• vifi
    vifi
    Community Member

Woohoo that did the trick, thank you! I can recommend this to other Oneplus 7 Pro owners facing this.

• That's fantastic @vifi, thanks for letting us know :chuffed:

• Steve_R
    Steve_R
    Community Member

Happily reporting that @Ebbeliebebbelie @andiAG solution works for 1Password 7.1.4 on SM-G960U (T-Mobile Galaxy S9 on Android 10)! 😅

• @Steve_R Glad to hear it's working for you too 🎉

This discussion has been closed.