Help me, I am guessing some sort of update happened last night.

Options

I used 1Password yesterday with no problems, but today I have no passwords in my 1Password file and honestly I have no idea on how to get them back, especially since I don't know what they were. Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• colleenp53
    colleenp53
    Community Member
    Options

I am using version 7.4.1 on a mac.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @colleenp53! I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble. Just to double check, do you have 1Password X installed? You wrote into our 1Password X forum, so I want to make sure before I move your post over to the Mac category.

In the meantime, could you elaborate on the issue a bit? Are you unable to unlock 1Password? Do you not see any items after 1Password is unlocked? Are your passwords not filling in your browser? Let me know, I'm here to help!

• solteron
    solteron
    Community Member
    Options

Hello

Same issue for me
    1password X (last update yesterday) on Firefox 60.7.1esr (32 bits)

No password in list. I can see that I'm properly logged in when I click on setting gear.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in, @solteron! Is there a reason you're sunning Firefox 60.7.1esr? Mozilla released Firefox 71 recently, and Firefox 60 is pretty outdated. If you're able to update Firefox, can you update to the latest version and give 1Password X a try? Let me know how it goes.

• colleenp53
    colleenp53
    Community Member
    Options

I use 63.0.3 I have updated Firefox a couple of times, but it acts funky, so I go back to the 63.

• solteron
    solteron
    Community Member
    Options

Corporate computer. No chance to update.
    But everything was fine yesterday before plug-in update

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@colleenp53 – Thank you for sharing that with me. Version 1.17.0 was a fairly big rewrite for 1Password X. We've rewritten the majority of it Rust and WebAssembly. I'm not sure how that would have affected previous versions of the browser since we don't test as far back as Firefox 60 (or Firefox 63). Out of curiosity, will your computer run Firefox 71? Firefox 63 is over a year old now, so I'd expect 71 to be an improvement at this point.

• colleenp53
    colleenp53
    Community Member
    Options

It runs it, but there were so many changes that I didn’t like to the higher versions of Firefox that I went back down. Oh well guess I will bite the bullet and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@colleenp53 – I'm still investigating this a bit because you're not the first person to mention 1Password X not loading properly on an old version of Firefox. While I wait to hear back from our developers, I wonder if you'd be able to generate some logs for me (if you still have Firefox 63 installed). If so, you can find our guide that explains how here. If you'd rather not post them on a public forum, please send an email to support+x@1password.com with a link to this forum post as well as your 1Password forum username.

• colleenp53
    colleenp53
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I will work on updating and let you know when I have completed that.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @colleenp53! Let me know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.