Shared secrets not automatically syncing to 1Password for windows

Options

When a colleague is sharing a secret with me, it does not seem to automatically sync to my 1Password for windows.
My current working (but cumbersome) workaround is to login to 1password.com, which seems to force a re-sync of secrets, as the secret is then immediately available.
Is is expected behavior that I have to manually login online to sync secrets?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win10 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared secret sync login online

Comments

• It isn't, @jnyrup, but since the edit is making it to the server, that likely does point to something local. You mentioned a colleague, so I assume this is a work computer? This specific behavior you're describing makes me wonder if perhaps something about the network your PC is on is causing trouble for 1Password and preventing it from getting the message that a remote change is available. Does your colleague see the same behavior when you make a change on your PC, assuming the two of you are at least on the same operating system? Also, just to be clear – are you not seeing this change in the desktop app or not seeing it in your browser extension? I ask because you didn't note your extension version and we have two you could be using – one connects directly with your account on 1Password.com, while the other takes its cues from the desktop app. Depending on which you use, an issue in your browser could potentially point to different issues and not everyone will automatically differentiate between the browser extension and 1Password for Windows itself.

• jnyrup
    jnyrup
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick, detailed follow-up.

• Yes, it's on a work computer.
    • My colleague, who is located remotely, is using MacOSX while I'm on Windows.
    • I'm not using an browser extension, so it's only in the desktop app I'm not seeing the change.

I'll get back with whether colleagues on same local network experiences same problems.

• Thanks so much, @jnyrup! There are things I'm aware of that could prevent that message from being received, but none of them would be likely to impact only a single device in a given environment so if no one else sees the same, we can likely rule that out. Also, just as a perhaps simpler workaround in the meantime, if you lock and unlock 1Password for Windows, this will also trigger a sync. Especially if you use Hello to unlock, this could be a lot quicker and easier than signing in on the web, assuming it works. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.