iOS Fill in extra fields

Options
grovolis21
grovolis21
Community Member

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been asked before, but there is cases where some websites/apps/services ask for memorable words and other kinds of keys which you cannot copy directly from the keyboard or the passwords button and you have to go into the actual 1Password app to copy them before hand.

Not sure if it’s easy/possible to do, but something like when you tap the key icon (next to the suggested password) maybe have a some extra fields there? I believe it might not be possible as it’s populated with different accounts. But if you tap other and it takes you to your vault search you could be able to long tap and copy other fields!

Let me know if that’s possible already in any other way or if you need more information about this!

Kind Regards,
George

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grovolis21: I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, and without the context of the OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, or an example URL it's hard to say. Can you give me some more details? :)

• grovolis21
    grovolis21
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Sorry it took me forever to have a look at this @brenty.

For example, my bank login (website) requires me to fill in my password and some custom security question answer. It would be lovely if somehow I could choose which of my saved fields I can autofill, because so far I've had to open up the 1password app and copy it.

This is for iOS, iPadOS. The PC and MacOS do not have that problem as you can right click and copy any field required from the autofill window.

Let me know if this makes sense, I am at your disposal for any further information.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @grovolis21,

My understanding is that the iOS autofill function is currently only capable of filling two fields, but you may have better luck when using the 1Password extension, which you can read about here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.