1.17.0 update, problem with password suggestions

Hello I use firefox as a browser. After 1.17.0 update of 1Password I have problem with password suggestions. When I want to log in, 1Password doesn't suggest my saved passwords and I have to copy it manualy. However suggestion of Logins works fine, so where is a problem?
Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jwojca! Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to make sure we're on the same page first. Are you referring to Password items, or is the password portion of your Login item not filling for you? Perhaps some screenshots could help me understand your issue better. Keep in mind that this is a public forum, so you'll want to make sure and blur/block out any personal information before posting a screenshot.

• jwojca
    jwojca
    Community Member

For example, if I want to log into my email. 1Password doesn't suggest to fill my password, even though I have that password saved in my vault.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jwojca – I see exactly what you're saying now. I appreciate you posting screenshots to help me out. 1Password X should be suggesting existing items rather than a new password, but you're running into a current bug. It's been reported to our developers, and they're looking into ways we can behave better. There are a couple different routes you can go to get your item filling the way it should, though.

• I'm wondering why your item is saved as a Password item rather than a Login. A Login makes more sense to me since it contains a username field as well. That would mean that both your username and password would be filled by 1Password simultaneously (and it also means less typing/clicking for you). What I'd do is start fresh and create a new Login that'll fill both fields. To do that, type in your username and copy/paste that password you have stored in 1Password into the password field on https://login.szn.cz. After that, you should see a Save in 1Password option underneath the field. Click on that, select the correct vault, and click Save. Go ahead and refresh the page and click inside the username field. Do you see the Login you just created? Click on it to fill both your username and password!
    • The above steps should work beautifully for you, and that completely avoids using the inline menu underneath the password field. However, I do want to make sure you know how to maneuver the inline menu in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation. Just to test this out, go ahead and click inside the password field on https://login.szn.cz. You'll likely see the suggested password (that's the bug since it should be recognizing the form as a sign-in form and suggest an existing password rather than a new one), but if you click on Suggestions, you'll find that you can select any category right there. If you click on Logins, for example, you should see the item you created and it'll be ready to fill.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core#358

This discussion has been closed.