Adding new Login from iOS device

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi all,

I’m attempting to setup and show my in-laws how to use 1Password on their iPad (iOS 13.3). We’re attempting to add new Logins into 1Password, via a few different websites in which we enter their credentials, but aren’t being prompted to Save the login into 1Password. There is no key icon to click, to have 1Password come up so that we can Save the credentials either. Admittedly, I usually add accounts from my iMac computer, so my memory isn’t fresh on exactly how to do this from an iOS device. Please help.

Also, if I wanted to create a new account on a website using an iOS device, how do we go about generating the new password, and having 1Password store the credentials for the site?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kappabear

Things are indeed a bit different on iOS as iOS doesn't support browser extensions in the same way desktop operating systems / browsers do. Instead, you can use the iOS autofill interface to interact with 1Password from within your web browser. We have a guide on that system available here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, yep. I’d seen that, and unfortunately only marginally found it useful. The video mentions tapping the key icon, but in many instances it simply wasn’t there, or required taping the username & password fields several times before it would appear. Ultimately I was able to get it to work, but it didn’t exactly instill confidence in my in-laws, people that still believe paper & pencil notes are the best way to go.

• Ben
    Options

@kappabear,

Beyond the Costco situation we already discussed are there other examples you could provide where things didn't work as expected?

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.