Unchecking checkboxes no longer works in Firefox

Options

Since updating to 1Password X 1.17.0 my custom web form unticked checkboxes no longer untick. I normally use Firefox in Linux but I have also confirmed they aren't working in MacOS Firefox also. Is this something to do with the new filling brain and can it be fixed?

I have a "Keep me logged in" checkbox that I want to untick every time I log in to a particular site.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @markw_modica! That's interesting. I'd be curious if saving a brand new item (with the checkbox unchecked) would give you the same results. If you wouldn't mind, could you share the website URL(s) with me so I can test it out on my end?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• markw_modica
    markw_modica
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn. I removed all references to the domain from my vaults and saved the login again and 1Password X still doesn't untick the "Keep me logged in" checkbox.

The site is internal to our company so you can't access it sorry but is a Bitbucket Server installation. The form field label it's picking up is _atl_remember_me and it works with the MacOS Firefox 1Password extension (desktop app version) fine but 1Password X doesn't want a bar of it any more.

Previously I had also added another checkbox via the desktop app labelled "Keep me logged in" but adding that as well, or ONLY having that makes no difference - 1Password X just keeps the box checked.

Thanks.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for giving it a try, @markw_modica. I remember another website that uses a similar "Stay signed in" checkbox, so I tested it there. I'm seeing the same behavior that you are – the desktop-dependent extension is unchecking the box for me while 1Password X isn't. I'll get this on our developers' radar. I appreciate you reporting it to us!

ref: dev/core/core#715

• markw_modica
    markw_modica
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Kaitlyn, I'll look forward to a fix in a future release.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem at all. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.