Reinstalling an older version of 1Password for Mac

This discussion was created from comments split from: Help menu does not have option to enter license key.

Comments

• Benpowell
    Benpowell
    Community Member

Hello bought a licence for 1password and understand it can not be used with the new interface so the money was wasted for buying lifetime membership as I cannot use it now after my mac died and have to use the new 1password 6 or 7
    or is there some way to download the old interface to put in my licence key thanks ben 8 yr 1 password user

• Benpowell
    Benpowell
    Community Member

or can i still download the old 1password to use like i was on my old mac

• Hi @Benpowell

We'd be happy to help. Do you have a copy of your license? If so you should be able to download 1Password from our downloads page. https://1password.com/downloads
    Older versions are available by scrolling down. If you do not have your license please contact us at support@1password.com so we can help.

With that said, as a security focused company, we'd recommend keeping up to date on all of your software: especially 1Password. Thanks!

Ben

• Benpowell
    Benpowell
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply I did install the older version on my mac air but when prompted for my password it kept telling me it was incorrect do not know why I have been using the same master passcode for years now with no problem. So I guess I am saying goodbye to all those saved passcodes and too many to remember site by site. I have downloaded newer version and love it already even if I am starting over. Thanks for the help

• Thanks for the update @Benpowell.

it kept telling me it was incorrect do not know why

I suspect you may have multiple vaults at play. If you'd like to troubleshoot that further I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109887/reinstalling-an-older-version-of-1password-for-mac#latest
    • Your forum username: Benpowell

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.