Window minimum width larger than screen

Options
schindnlerpaul
schindnlerpaul
Community Member

Hello, any 1Password popup window is wider than my screen. I tried to make it smaller by simply pulling the window, using an application that manages the window size. Restart any 1Password in any way possible. Still, there is a min window size for the 1Password popup windows that is larger than my screen, which is a major inconvenience.

When pulling the edge of the window at some point the safari tooltip will change from the multidirectional arrow to the one-directional arrow. At which point I am o longer able to decrease the window size.

The minimal popup window with is 3982px. Whereas my screen size is only 2880px

system: macOS 10.15.1
1Password: Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
Safari: Version 13.0.3 (15608.3.10.1.4)
Chrome: Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @schindnlerpaul

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. On my screen 1Password mini is currently 1204px wide, so it is definitely possible to have it be smaller (and smaller is actually the default). We just need to figure out how to make that happen for you. :) Is 1Password mini currently attached to the menu bar / toolbar icon? It is a little hard to tell from your screenshot, but it looks like it may be. If it is, you should be able to click and drag on an empty area up by the gear icon in the top right and move it away. Then you should be able to resize 1Password mini to whatever size you'd like. It should remember the size and position you leave it at for future activations.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• schindnlerpaul
    schindnlerpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Ben

Yes, I know that is what I tried. It is currently attached to the macOS toolbar and the toolbar in safari/chrome (all of them have the problem).

https://imgur.com/a/EW5KTN0
    The link is a screen recording of me trying to drag it smaller. And as you can see at around second 12 I am unable to decrease the size further. To note there is however something else as well. the gear icon has no background.

I am using a second screen as well there I cannot decrease the window size either. I see the whole window simply because the screen is larger. What is notable here is that I can see the background of the gear.

• Ben
    Options

@schindnlerpaul

Thanks for confirming. In speaking with our development team I was able to confirm that this is a bug that they are aware of. Unfortunately I don't have anything to offer in terms of immediate relief, but we have made some progress on a fix and hope to have more soon.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4427

• schindnlerpaul
    schindnlerpaul
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

Okay good enough. Thanks tho

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome! Sorry I don't have more encouraging news off-hand, but fingers crossed we'll be able to get it fixed up soon.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Hi @schindnlerpaul

We currently have a fix for this that we are testing in the beta branch of 1Password for Mac. If you'd like to try it you can download the beta here: https://1password.com/downloads/mac/ (under Feeling adventurous?)

If you decide to try it please do let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.