I've downloaded 1Password to my PC (Windows), now what?

In order to connect to the federal Employee Personal Page of the National Finance Center (I'm a Federal employee), I have been advised that I need to install extra security. 1Password was one of the suggested sources for this security. I do not use a cell phone and employees are advised that since the office computer is government property, we are unable to modify by downloading programs on our own, so I was advised to install the extra layer security system on my home PC. I am not computer adept. I believe I've successfully downloaded 1Password (since I can see it in my PC's program listings and open the 1Password). But what do I do now? How am I supposed to link 1Password to the EPP?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've downloaded 1Password to my PC (Windows), now what?

Comments

• Assuming you're referencing two-factor authentication, you can find a guide to set that up here, @SurfCityLee:

https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/

But, at the risk of venturing somewhat outside my role here of helping specifically with 1Password, I am a bit worried how this would work for you in the long run. 1Password is a password manager and, while it is absolutely capable of generating one-time codes for use as a second factor, it's a paid app meant for far more than that. A password manager is a great choice for improving online security over all and it's my quite obviously biased opinion that we're the best of the bunch, but if you don't intend to use all of the features of a password manager and are only looking for an authenticator app, there are alternatives that you can use on your home PC that are likely a more reasonable choice.

I absolutely don't want to discourage you from using your 30 day free trial to explore all 1Password has to offer – may well be exactly what you need and I'd be thrilled if that's the case. But, I also don't want you to get a surprise bill later on and wonder why you have to pay to store a single 2FA code.

This discussion has been closed.