To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My 1P_7 account is Frozen .

Options
markfab
markfab
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Memberships

Ever since I replaced my MacBook, my 1Password has been 'frozen'. I have a license & key, so not sure why I'm 'frozen'. I downloaded the 1P app from the website, but likely have the wrong app. Did not see a separate app for the license version. Pls advise, thx!.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.1
Sync Type: iCloud/DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:My 1P_7 account is Frozen . I have a license & key, so not sure why I'm 'frozen'. Pls advise, thx!.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @markfab

"Frozen" is a term associated with 1Password membership accounts, and is what happens when the trial period ends without setting up a subscription, or the subscription is not in good standing. Licenses don't apply toward membership. If you'd like to use a 1Password membership, that would require a subscription. If instead you have a 1Password 7 for Mac license, and want to use 1Password without a membership, please see this guide:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

A membership is the recommended way forward. If you'd like to read more about what membership offers you can find that information here:

About 1Password membership

If you've already invested in a 1Password 7 license and are interested in upgrading please reach out to our team at sales@1password.com and we'd be happy to see what we can work out for you.

Thanks!

Ben

• markfab
    markfab
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I have a legacy license but lost my (legacy) 1P7 app when my MacBook died. I currently have a standalone Dropbox vault which currently/still functions on my iPad & iPhone 1P app. Pls direct me to the download for the legacy license app. Thx!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markfab - if you have a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, then as long as you still have the email receipt you received when you purchased, you should be able to click the link in that email to install your license into 1Password. However, if you're signed into a 1Password account (in Frozen status or otherwise), a license cannot be applied. If you look at 1Password > Preferences > Accounts, do you see any 1Password accounts there? (do not post personally-identifying information here in this public forum, for your own privacy and security). If you DO see an account there, then we'll need to take a closer look to best advise you. If that's the case, please reach out to support@1password.com for assistance.

• markfab
    markfab
    Community Member
    Options

thx Lars, I tried to reach out to 1P for further assistance but no joy - NO reply. Its possible that I missed the email but I must admit to feeling somewhat the pariah as a long-standing 1P license holder (for nearly a decade !). I've also previously asked how to get my daughter set up w/ 1P since I purchased a 'family' (pro?) license, but I never heard back from that inquiry either (hence the pariah comment & why I'm back here for help). I'm trying hard to not get angry at 1P as other license-holders seem to have gotten, but by not receiving timely, helpful customer service with 'license' issues, it does make this loyal 1P customer feel like the proverbial 'ugly sister'......for NOT being a 'member'....& for the 1st time in 10 years, I've sadly begun to look for an alternative to 1P . By the way, I SOLVED MY (frozen) PROBLEM MYSELF - w/ nothing to lose, I deleted 1P from my MacBook & re-installed it - this time I was able to enter my license & thats all it took to make things work the way they used to.....wish 1P would've suggested that I try this a long time ago !! Still waiting on the answer for how to set up my daughter's 1P account using my 1P (family/pro) license .....thx!

• Hey @markfab

It looks like Ethan replied to you back on Friday, December 13th. Let's move this to email as there is a potential to discuss account details. Someone will be in touch soon.

Once you receive that outgoing email, I would like to close this topic to prevent duplication of efforts. I'll leave it open at the moment to ensure we have a communication channel.

• markfab
    markfab
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Thanks!

• markfab
    markfab
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

I received an email today from Ethan...Thank You !!

• :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.