Questions

Options
Jimandjacque
Jimandjacque
Community Member

If i decide to leave 1 password will I lose all of my saved passwords? Is there a master for the account once I sign up?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:if i decide to leave 1 password will i lose all of my passwords

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @Jimandjacque

Welcome to the 1Password support forum. :)

If i decide to leave 1 password will I lose all of my saved passwords?

We're not interested in holding anyone's data hostage. We don't feel that would be an ethical business practice. As long as you know your Master Password / 1Password account credentials you can export your data:

How to export data from 1Password

Is there a master for the account once I sign up?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you please rephrase or elaborate?

Thanks.

Ben

• Jimandjacque
    Jimandjacque
    Community Member
    Options

For instance if I create the account and my wife and kids use the app we would like there to be separate vaults for each, but my wife and I would want to be able to access our kids vaults but not allow them to access ours.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, @Jimandjacque. Each account within your membership gets its own Private vault. This vault is only ever accessible to the person the vault is for. The only way to access someone's Private vault is with their 1Password credentials. Other vaults can be created and selectively shared however you desire. e.g. You can create a Mom & Dad vault and have it be accessible only to you and your wife.

Ben

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Which reminds me, @Ben...

When I was getting my brother set up, we (I) saved his 1Password.com access info in his "main" vault (one I created that's neither Private nor Shared) to which I, as Family Organizer, have access. Since I can therefore log on as him, I assume I'd have access to his Private vault, no? If I'm understanding things correctly, it seems like 1Password.com access info should only be put one's Private vault to keep the Private vault, um, private. Or have you folks already slammed and bolted that door shut (too)?

This discussion has been closed.