Autofill doesn't work on Ecosia Android app

arunsathiya
arunsathiya
Community Member

I recently discovered ecosia.org and started using their Android app. It seems to be Chrome underneath. The 1Password autofill doesn't work on this browser though. While it does on other browsers that use, it's failing only on the Ecosia browser.

Does anyone else run into this issue? Android 9 here. And, latest version of 1Password Android app.

Comments

• Hi @arunsathiya. I've installed the Ecosia app to test this on my end, and I'm able to fill here. Are you having trouble filling on any sites in particular? Also, if you launch 1Password and go to Settings > Autofill, are both Autofill and Accessibility turned on?

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member

Thanks for testing! I was testing on GitHub. The accessibility feature is not enabled at the moment, while autofill is - what's the difference between the two?

• Hi @arunsathiya it looks like this may be behaving slightly differently between devices, as it's not working on my device either (also Android 9). I've created an issue for us to take a look at adding support for it :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#839

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member

Thanks for testing as well, and for looking into this further!

In the meantime, could you share the difference between autofill and accessibility settings, please?

• Sure thing!

As of the current version of 1Password (7.3.2), Autofill handles filling in most browsers and all apps (also offers to save in apps). To use Autofill you need to have a device running Android 8 or later.

Accessibility handles filling in browsers which don't support Autofill. Which is currently Opera and Edge (and Brave, though we're testing it with Autofill in the current beta). And, on devices running Android 7 or earlier, it handles filling everywhere.

So turning them both on should cover all your bases, but if you don't need it then I'd leave Accessibility turned off.

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member

Thank you! This is helpful info.

• I'm glad @andiAG was able to help!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi @andiAG & @peri, I've tried using the 1password app (with Autofill & Accessibility on) in the Ecosia app and it isn't autofilling or prompting to save logins. The phone is a Oneplus 3 running android 9.

Any ideas?

• peri
    edited December 2019

Hey @julians. Thanks for reporting this. While I was able to fill in Ecosia previously, unfortunately we don't officially support filling there. On my end, filling with Accessibility is working here, but not Autofill.

Andi opened an issue to support Ecosia earlier, and I'll pass your request on to our development team as well.

• arunsathiya
    arunsathiya
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Good to know this is still on the radar/reported. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@arunsathiya, on behalf of **peri, **you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Hi all, thanks for the update - is there an issue tracker link I can monitor at?

• Hi @julians. Our issue tracker is internal, so there's nothing public-facing. We'll let you know when we have news!

• bobafett
    bobafett
    Community Member

Hi folks, if helpful with the debugging, I'm on a Oneplus7 pro running Android 9 with Ecosia and I can't autofill with 1pass either. Both accessibility and autofill are enabled.

• @bobafett Thanks for this info. It looks like filling is unfortunately not working in the Ecosia browser anymore. We have an issue opened internally, and I'll forward your feedback to our development team as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.