How do I upgrade my 1Password individual account (iTunes subscription) to a family account?

goxman
goxman
Community Member

I can't see an easy way to to do this on the 1Password site/app or iTunes. iTunes only gives me options to cancel or change between yearly/monthly for an individual plan.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade account to family plan

Comments

• Hi @goxman

Unfortunately it isn't possible to switch "levels" of membership while subscribed through iTunes. To switch you'd need to cancel your subscription through Apple and then subscribe directly through us. This process requires action on our part -- once you've cancelled your subscription with Apple we have to mark that change on our side to allow you to sign up for direct billing. Once you've cancelled your Apple subscription please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your membership to let us know. Please post the support ID you get back here so that I can expedite your request.

Thanks.

Ben

• goxman
    goxman
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. I see I signed up for an annual subscription from Apple. If I cancel my Apple subscription, can you apply the remaining $ to the new family subscription that I set up through you?

• We should be able to figure something out. Please include your receipt with your email to our sales team. :)

Ben

• cjsogle
    cjsogle
    Community Member

Ben I want to do the same - change from individual to family. I am obviously a little anxious about cancelling my subscription. Will I still have access to my passwords on my devices during the changeover? How long does the changeover take?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

@cjsogle - you won't have any disruption whatsoever if your subscription is via us and not the Mac App Store. If your subscription is through us, just sign into your account in a browser at https://start.1password.com and click "Invite People" in the right sidebar, then follow these instructions.

If your individual 1Password subscription is via the Mac App Store, you'll need to first cancel your subscription via Apple, then let us know you've done so. Your 1password.com account will enter Frozen status, which will mean that you won't be able to add, delete or change any data (just temporarily), but you will be able to view it. Once you inform us, we can switch you over to a 1Password Families account. Please get in touch with the team at support+billing@1password.com for assistance with this, if you're on an Apple subscription.

• brushknight
    brushknight
    Community Member

Hello, I want to do the same :) I just sent you an email to sales@1password.com and also I have canceled my app store subscription.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brushknight: Thanks! We'll get back to you via email and continue the conversation there. :)

ref: LKU-65357-847

• kylewill
    kylewill
    Community Member

@brenty I just initiated the Apple cancellation and email to sales@ + support+billing@ aliases. Is there any way to accelerate the process of enabling Family Accounts? I'm wanting to set up for my parents while they're in town so I can support re-enabling their accounts if they get locked out.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@kylewill if you could post the Support ID you were given by BitBot here so we can find your email, we may be able to get back to you a little quicker. Do understand, though, that support tickets are generally responded to in the order they are received.

• justinian
    justinian
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am also trying to upgrade to a Families account. I have already canceled my subscription on iTunes. I emailed both the support and sales addresses twice to switch my account to direct billing but never received a BitBot Support ID. Could you please expedite this request? Let me know if you need additional info. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@justinian:

Can you please share with us the support IDs that you received, so we can locate your messages in the system? Have you checked your spam folder already, just in case the replies ended up there?

This discussion has been closed.