High Battery Usage on Android

soundstorm17
soundstorm17
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Android

Hello. I cannot use 1password because it kills my battery. I'm on android 10 7.4. Beta-4

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gerges
    gerges
    Community Member

Yeah, noticing 1Password using 22% of my battery. This is on the beta version. I have not used 1Password mobile today

For comparison, I watched 46 minutes of YouTube today and it only consumed 8% battery

https://imgur.com/a/MQXwWQ9

I've left the beta program to get some battery life back

• azerch
    azerch
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. My phone is at 60% within 3 hours of unplugging it. Cause: 1Password.

• gerar2
    gerar2
    Community Member

Same issue here! Leaving the Beta program until you can fix it.

• peri
    edited December 2019

Thanks for reporting this issue, everyone. This bug popped up in a recent beta and our developers are investigating it. You may be able to work around the issue by disabling Accessibility in 1Password's Autofill settings. Otherwise, I do indeed recommend leaving the beta until we have a fix.

To leave the beta, first make sure you have your account credentials safe and can sign into your account. Then follow these steps:
    1. Find the 1Password listing in Google Play and under the "You're a beta tester" header, tap leave.
    2. Wait for it to complete, you'll now need to uninstall and then reinstall the 1Password app to be back on the stable build.

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#912

• smartislav
    smartislav
    Community Member

• MrMatthijs
    MrMatthijs
    Community Member

Same here, 7.4 beta 5 consumed 80.4 percent of my battery. My phone's battery was drained within 2 hours (whilst the screen was off).

• @smartislav and @MrMatthijs Our developers are looking into this. For now, please take a look at my comment above.

This discussion has been closed.