2 memberships on one device - signoff chaning password

Options
Cavia
Cavia
Community Member

Hi,

just trying to confirm whether the following is the reason I cannot login on my Android app anymore:
Initially, I had one account A set up on my device as member of a family account. Later I added another family account B on my Android (being the family admin of B). I always used the master password of A, or my fingerprint, to sign in and was able to access passwords of both A & B.
Yesterday, I signed off from A on my device, and A was disabled. Now I don't seem able to login with the password of A anymore - typing it out, this makes sense...

However, it would be convenient getting a prompt saying something along the lines like "You will not be able to use this account's password for logging in the app anymore. Do you really want to sign off?" or any other solution enforcing the user to think twice if they want to proceed… Since I never had to use B's master pw after completing the setup, and was still able to access all data via A's login, I totally forgot having used different passwords, and am now stuck with no access at all.

Cheers
Iris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cavia! Welcome to the forum!

Yesterday, I signed off from A on my device, and A was disabled. Now I don't seem able to login with the password of A anymore - typing it out, this makes sense...

This is indeed why you are seeing this: if you removed account A from your device, the account doesn't exist in the app anymore, so you won't be able to unlock the app with that Master Password anymore, and you will need to use the one for the remaining account.

The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

Since I never had to use B's master pw after completing the setup, and was still able to access all data via A's login, I totally forgot having used different passwords, and am now stuck with no access at all.

Do you still have your Emergency Kit for account B, which the Master Password written in?

This discussion has been closed.