1Password Install Error Win7: You 1Password Data is not compatible with this 1Password version.

pdlewis
pdlewis
Community Member
edited October 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password Install Error Win7: You 1Password Data is not compatible with this 1Password version. Error ID: opw-db-11 Selecting OK Cancels install.

Had a former install 1Password 4 but uninstalled it. I have no worries about the 1Password data on this computer. I just want the application to install to sync with the 1Password Cloud

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 7 64 Bit
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Install Error Win7: You 1Password Data is not compatible with this 1Password version.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019

Hi @pdlewis, thank you for getting in touch!

Is it possible that you installed a previous version of 1Password 6 or 1Password 7 on this computer?

Also, please check if you see 1Password folder in %LOCALAPPDATA%\: open Start menu, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\ there and press Enter. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• fhweber
    fhweber
    Community Member

Hi, I'm getting the same message trying to do the same thing. I primarily use 1Password on iOS, and I've already set up a Families account there after having my own account for several years. I have 1Password 4 on my Windows 10 PC, which I'd now like to upgrade so I can sync the same data there.

First I tried installing 1Password 7 for Windows using the link on 1Password.com, without touching v4, but got this error message ("Your 1Password data is not compatible with this 1Password version. Error ID: opw-db-11"). Like the previous poster, I'm not worried about the data, and I just want to sync with the cloud data. I zipped the agilebits data into another folder just in case.

I found this post and discovered that I apparently tried to install 1Password 6, so I tried to use Add or remove programs to uninstall it. When I try to do that, I get the message "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Faith\AppData\Local\1Password\app\6\unins000.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I tried uninstalling 1Password 4, and that worked. But I get the same error when trying to install 1Password 7 for Windows. Can you help?

• I saw your e-mail earlier, @fhweber, so I replied to you there. Apologies again for the delay – we're starting to recover from everyone's holiday breaks, but we've got some catching up to do. Thanks for your patience and you should have a reply waiting for you in your inbox. We can continue to the conversation over there. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.