Had to Reinstall 1Password for Windows version 7 - Which Dropbox Folder do I choose?

Options

I just (unfortunately) had a computer crash and had to purchase a new computer.
I have 1Password for Windows version 7 and I used "dropbox" to sync my passwords onto my iphone and with my browser extension.
I was able to reinstall 1Password for Windows, and I even was able to find the license activation file that I had luckily saved, so I now have 1Password for Windows 7 installed on my new computer.
However, I am going to choose the option to "Sync with Dropbox" and I need to add the "location" for the vault on my dropbox account.
On Dropbox, under "APPS" is a folder called "1PASSWORD".
And under that are two different folders called:
1Password.opvault
1Password.legacyagilekeychain

Which folder am I supposed to choose for my Dropbox "Synch" folder?

The folder called "1Password.opvault" seems to have stuff inside of it which is "newer" and I was thinking of choosing that one, but I wanted to double check before I did anything and "synched" to an "old" folder that could mess things up.

Thanks.

Michael

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @einstem,

Thank you for reaching out!

You won't be able to open .legacyagilekeychain file in 1Password 7 for Windows (this is your old local vault before conversion), so you should select 1Password.opvault while setting up 1Password 7 for Windows to Sync via Dropbox. Please do not go within that folder, just choose that .opvault folder and click "Select" there. 1Password 7 for Windows will prompt you to enter for your Master Password and you will be all set. Let me know how it goes.

Is there a particular reason why you prefer using a local vault synced via Dropbox, and not 1Password account? Please let me know. Thanks! :) :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• einstem
    einstem
    Community Member
    Options

That worked perfectly. Thanks!
    You can mark this one as "resolved"
    Michael

• :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.