1Password 4 Win Stopped Syncing With Dropbox - Any Way to Troubleshoot it?

Hi,

As the title says, my legacy 1Password stopped syncing with local Dropbox folder (Windows 10 latest update).

I made sure that all paths are set properly. I also have 1Password on iOS so I'm troubleshooting this by creating new items on my phone. All changes are picked up by all Dropbox apps on both platforms. No changes are picked up by 1Password 4 for Windows. Also, new items created on Windows are not picked up by Dropbox, nor transferred to iOS.

I also tried moving the vault around and 1Password is smart enough to follow it. So much that I have to move the vault to desktop and rename it before 1Password will prompt me to locate a vault. So I'm pretty certain that 1Password is reading the correct vault.

I also went through complete troubleshooting guide.

Is there anything I can do to "force" 1Password to read the changes or to troubleshoot this? I also tried locking the 1Password for 10s or more, reinstalling it, reinstalling Dropbox, etc.

I understand that this is a legacy product. But after owning it on Mac, Windows and iOS devices I cannot afford to pay for the subscription. I hope this is not an issue and you can help me with any advice.

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Krle,

I am sorry to hear that it stopped working for you out of the blue. Have you tried resetting your Dropbox data (as described in our troubleshooting guide or creating a new vault from scratch? Does the sync work with the new vault?

Please let me know. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Krle
    Krle
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Hi @Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

I did indeed try everything from the troubleshooting guide, including resetting Dropbox data (on the PC). I can see files being updated and synced on Dropbox as soon as I create an item in 1Password for iOS. It's just that PC copy is not picking these changes up.

As for the creation of the new vault - please can you guide me through the sync process? When I try to change sync vault on my iOS copy I get a notification about merging of the old one (thousands of items) with the new one (0 items). So I stopped there in order not to mess anything up or even worse lose data later when I delete the test vault. iOS copy of 1Password is the one that has my newest logins saved.

Or is there any other way to test the sync with the new vault without doing anything on my iOS device?

Thanks again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Krle,

In this case I would like to ask you to create diagnostics reports from 1Password 4 on your PC and 1Password 7 on your iOS device. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach these diagnostics reports to email messages addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID number (including square brackets) to the Subject before you hit Send: [ERM-22912-872].

We will take a look and provide you with the available options. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

IMPORTANT: The Support ID number mentioned above is for @Krle only. If you have a similar issue, please create a new discussion or contact us directly. Thank you!

ref: ERM-22912-872

• Krle
    Krle
    Community Member

Thank you so much @Greg,

I just sent it over.

I appreciate your support especially given that this is a legacy product.

Best,
    @Krle

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

Hi @Krle,

I have found your email on our side and we will get back to you soon.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: ERM-22912-872

• Krle
    Krle
    Community Member

Happy Holidays @Greg and thanks again!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Krle: :) :+1:

• Krle
    Krle
    Community Member

Hi,

Just an update. So there was some progress, albeit bit strange and incomplete.

When monitoring which files are being updated in my Dropbox folders I noticed that 1Password.opvault folder has another 1Password.opvault folder inside of it. I pointed 1Password on my PC to the nested folder and I was able to retrieve updated items. The data from the first, "root" (in lack of better terms) 1Password.opvault folder was last updated in October for some reason and the one from the nested 1Password.opvault folder was picking up all the changes. Important to say is that I haven't made any changes in what's being synced on my iOS device, so I'm not sure how this works.

Now, another interesting issue is that the updated files I see are the ones from approx. a week ago, when I started this thread. Say I made a secure note on 12/21/19 on iOS that was called SyncTestNote. I have since deleted that note and emptied the trash and created another one, called NewSyncTestNote, on 12/28/19. PC copy of 1Password picked up only the SyncTestNote, and not the new one.

I'm not quite sure what is going on but I will keep trying to figure it out.

• I've actually seen that issue with the OPVault inception, @Krle, and one of my teammates filed something about it but it was specifically in reference to 1Password 7 for Windows so I'm curious what might have caused it in your case. I can suggest a possible fix, but I'd rather do it armed with some better understanding of what folders are where within that OPVault folder just to make sure I'm not making any bad assumptions because this looks like something I've seen before. I've found your e-mail as well so I'm going to hop in right quick over there and ask for some stuff so we can hopefully get things working better. :+1:

• Krle
    Krle
    Community Member

Thank you @bundtkate,

I saw it and I replied.

Happy new year!

• And now I've got back to you too, @Krle. :wink: Thanks so much and happy new year to you too!

This discussion has been closed.