Getting new mac set up

Options
ellen32
ellen32
Community Member

I have a laptop all set up with 1password 7. I just installed 1password 7 on my iMac. My password file is in dropbox. How do I get the iMac installation to sync with the dropbox vault? When I go into 1password 7 preferences on the iMac, the sync button is not there. I also have another old version of my vault on dropbox that I would like to merge with my newer one, but now it won't let me open the older version of dropbox (I think it was version 3.21?) to see my old vault. If I can't merge it, how can I add this old vault to 1password?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @ellen32! If there's no Sync panel in 1Password > Preferences, then that sounds very much as if you may have inadvertently created a 1password.com account. Could that be the case? Check 1Password > Preferences > Accounts, and if you see an account there (or if you remember having set one up), then that's what happened. In that case, your 1Password data is NOT in Dropbox, it's on the 1password.com servers. You should check 1Password > Preferences > Vaults on both Macs, and let me know what you discover: how many vaults do you see in each, and what are their names?

• ellen32
    ellen32
    Community Member
    Options

I must have created a 1Password account. If I go to the laptop (where the dropbox is working), I see Primary listed as the vault and the sync information. It doesn't show anything under the vault on the laptop. On the iMac, I see a vault Ellen but no sync option. I tried to delete 1Password 7 from the iMac, but it says it cannot delete because it is open -- even though it is not and I have rebooted the Mac.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ellen32 - here's where things can get a bit dicey. If you've been using 1Password as a standalone app with local data synced via Dropbox on one Mac, and a 1password.com account on other devices (or vice-versa), there may be data in both the standalone vault and the 1password.com account that's not in the other. To get a better picture of what's going on with your specific 1Password "ecosystem," I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#PGY-41638-486]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @ellen32 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: PGY-41638-486

This discussion has been closed.