To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sign in on Windows App with Multiple Memberships

Options
joberly
joberly
Community Member
edited January 2020 in Memberships

I have a 1Password Personal account and today I started a trial of a 1Password Families account with the same email address as my personal membership. My Personal account and my Families account have different Master Passwords. After that, I did the following:

1. On my Android 10 phone, I was logged in to my Personal account prior to signing up for the Families account. I opened the app and added the new Families account and can now see both accounts in the Android app.
  2. I signed into the new Families account in Firefox on my Windows 10 machine via https://my.1password.com. I was able to sign in successfully. (As an aside, doing so signed me out of my Personal account in 1Password X, but I expected that.)
  3. I was signed in to my Personal account in the native Windows app on my Windows 10 machine. I attempted to add the new Families account but I was unable to sign in, and was presented the following message: "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect." I tried this multiple times, typing in each item and was unable to sign in.
  4. I signed out of my Personal account on the native Windows app so the app was no longer signed into any 1Password account. I signed into my Families account successfully. After that, I tried to sign into my Personal membership on the native Windows app and got the same message as above: "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect."

Windows machine information:

• Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 with Windows Hello enabled
  • 1Password app version 7.3.712 (update channel "stable") with "Allow Windows Hello to unlock 1Password" enabled

This really ought to be the same experience on both Windows and Android. If the sign up process allows me to have multiple accounts with the same email address and different Master Passwords, which works correctly in the Android app, then I expect this to work on the native Windows app as well. I realize and accept that there are likely some limitations with sign-in to multiple accounts via Firefox and via 1Password X for Firefox. I would expect multiple accounts to work given the "Sign in to another account" option under the Accounts menu of the native Windows app, though.

Please advise.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• joberly
    joberly
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Addendum to the above:

In number two (2) above, I just realized that I wasn't signed out of my Personal account in 1Password X.

I was also able to go back and add my Family account to 1Password X in Firefox so that I now have access to both my Personal account and Family account in 1Password X in Firefox.

Thanks,
    John

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @joberly! So, if I'm reading you correctly, you solved this on your own? If so, that's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a Happy New Year, a great rest of your week, and thanks especially for being a 1Password customer!

• joberly
    joberly
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for taking a look at this. I have not fixed the problem with the Windows app. I still cannot sign on to both my Personal account and Family account (same email, different secret keys and different master passwords) with the Windows native app. However, signing into both accounts does work with 1Password X in Firefox and the Android app.

Thanks,
    John

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@joberly - my mistake. I think I know what's going on here, but to confirm, I'd like to get a closer look at the particulars of your 1Password for Windows setup. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/541555#Comment_541555
    • Your forum username: @joberly

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.