trying to upgrade to membership from 1PW 6. Stuck on erasing old

norm
norm
Community Member

I registered for a 1PW families membership account. I've been a long time user and currently running 1PW 6 as is my wife.
After cc entry, Firefox asked if wanted to add it so I clicked yes. Correct?
Then I believe I migrated the data from my 1PW 6 account.
But I did not erase the data associated with it because the wording in the dialog was confusing as to what would be erased.
So how do I check if migrated.
Then how do I erase 1PW 6 and its data.
I tried to follow the install Apps step on the new account page but after downloading 1PW 7.4.x it hung on step to Quit 1PW mini.
Help. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trying to upgrade to membership from 1PW 6. Stuck on erasing old

Comments

• norm
    norm
    Community Member

I'm having lots of problems moving from 1PW 6 to 1PW membership (I guess it comes with 1PW 7)

I think I've migrated and got it sort of working on my main Mac.

However, to me the instructions for iOS make no sense or are lacking detail or both.

Do I delete my current 1PW app on my iPhone? If yes, which of the many 1PW apps in the App store do I add?

Do I delete a vault on my iPhone? I have no clue if there is a vault store on my iPhone or just in the cloud. I'd like to learn that.

Do I delete a file(s) in Dropbox which I was using to sync?

If those step by step instructions are on the Agile site, my bifocals are missing them. If so, please embarrass me and just point me in their direction.

And I will probably have the same questions when I get to my travel Mac.

Soooooo frustrated. Think maybe just upgrading to 1PW 7 would have been simpler.

Thanks for any rescuers are willing to help this floundering long time 1PW user.

Thanks much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

Hi @norm!

I see that my colleague Intan has already been helping you with this via email. So we don't duplicate answers by posting in multiple places, I will close this forum discussion so we can continue the conversation via email.

ref: QQQ-95945-964

This discussion has been closed.