Filling email address during Amazon app on iOS

Tonetony
Tonetony
Community Member

The Amazon iOS app requests email address first, then asks for password on a second screen. 1Password isn't offering to fill the email address on the first screen, though it does recognize the password field on the second page, and works properly. Is there something I can do to make this work? Or is it an issue with the Amazon app's interaction with iOS password management that you can't control?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @Tonetony

The latter, unfortunately, though just to confirm I did see the same behavior on my device so it isn't just you. We don't control when Password AutoFill appears or the UI for that first screen. You aren't seeing our UI until you tap 'Passwords' on the top of your keyboard and then tap '1Password...' at the bottom of the list. Then that's us. Hopefully this is something Amazon can address. :+1:

Ben

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member

What you wrote reminds me - sometimes instead of the password suggestion appearing at the top of the keyboard, the suggestion appears in larger type right in the middle of a gray space where a keyboard should be. My eventual interpretation of this was that it's a matter of whether iOS thinks a keyboard is or should be, active at the time. I guess sometimes it starts the password-collection process before you even tap in a field, so the keyboard would at that point normally be hidden. It has to put the password prompt somewhere, so it pops up an empty keyboard and plops the password manager suggestion right in the middle of it. It's certainly strange! Do you think my understand of this is somewhat accurate?

• I do tend to agree with your interpretation though as far as I'm aware we haven't been able to determine under what conditions autofill chooses to show the described interface. It is seemingly somewhat random, and in my personal experience fairly uncommon.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.