When trying to tag people on Facebook, password X is trying to fill in a password

When you click on a picture of someone on facebook to tag either your name or someone else's, it is constantly trying to act like a password manager and trying to fill in a password. Since it is taking over that section, it is almost impossible to put in a name to search and tag that person. Any fix for that?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When trying to tag people on Facebook, password X is trying to fill in an password

Comments

• justdave
    justdave
    Community Member

I'm also encountering this, but in somewhere OTHER than Facebook. It seems 1PasswordX has suddenly decided to add the 1Password dropdown to almost any input field, and it appears overtop of the site-provided auto-complete for said field, which basically breaks autocomplete on any site that provides their own.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @kevin2590! Thanks for letting us know you ran into this issue. Our developers are on the case, but the fix hasn't quite been published yet. That said, we'll do everything we can on our end to ensure 1Password X won't interfere with tagging photos on Facebook in the future. In the meantime, you can click the 1Password icon inside the field to temporarily close the inline menu and search for the friend you'd like to tag.

ref: dev/core/core#588

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in here, @justdave! I'd love to know more about your situation, since what you're running into is likely a different issue even though the symptoms seem the same as the OP. Would you mind sharing the website URL you're having trouble with as well as the field that 1Password X is appearing in when it shouldn't be? That should help point me in the right direction.

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

Thank you! I ll try that.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

No problem at all! On top of that, there should be an update to the beta version of 1Password X that includes the fix soon. If it's bothering you, I'd suggest installing the beta (even just temporarily) since the fix will be pushed there first. Here are the 1Password X beta links for Chrome and Firefox just in case you decide to go that route.

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

• justdave
    justdave
    Community Member

I'm not seeing this anymore, so whatever other fix you pushed might have fixed it on mine. The place I was seeing it was behind a login, but it was a user search field, where you could type a name or ID number and it would autocomplete a list of users in the dropdown. There was another site I ran into with the same issue shortly after which made me think it was a wider problem before I posted here, but I don't remember where that one was now. In any case, I haven't run into this lately so I think the issue I was running into got fixed. (But not the Facebook issue the OP mentioned, because I can still reproduce that).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the heads up @kevin2590! I was just letting you know to install the 1Password X beta to get the fix sooner than you would in the stable version, but I'm aware that the current beta (1.18.0) doesn't include the fix for tagged photos on Facebook. However, version 1.18.1 will contain the fix as soon as it finishes going through the extension approval process.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear the issue has since been resolved for you, @justdave. We're constantly making improvements, and each one can affect a number of sites in a positive way. If you do happen to run into a similar issue, or any issue for that matter, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! :)

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn No, I think I can survive for now :) so I'll just wait for the next update. Thanks again for all your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hello again @justdave and @kevin2590! I wanted to reach out to let you know that the issue you were experiencing when tagging folks in photos on Facebook has been resolved in the recent beta. If you’re willing, you can install the beta in Chrome or Firefox now. If you’d prefer to remain on the stable build, a fix should be making its way to you soon. :)

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn when I downloaded the beta, I ended up with two password X in my chrome extensions. Should I delete the stable build or just keep both? Please advise. Thanks

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevin2590 – You'll want to disable or remove the stable build. I can let you know once the fix comes to stable so you can switch back at that time!

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn By disabling it, you mean just lock it?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevin2590 – I mean turning the stable version of 1Password X off and keeping the beta version on. So the stable build will look like this:

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn Got it! It has been successfully turned off. Thank you! :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevin2590 – Perfect! You're very welcome. :chuffed:

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn Hi just wanted to let you know the issue with FB seems to be resolved but now I am having the same issue with my bank's security question page with beta X. Any fix for that?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevin2590 – I haven't run into that myself, but I'm happy to get it reported for you. If you feel comfortable sharing, could you let me know the name the bank? If it's not something you want to post in a public forum, another option is to email it over instead. If you'd prefer that, the email you'll want to send it to is support+x@1password.com.

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn oh not at all. It is BB&T bank's site

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @kevin2590! I could have guessed this, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to access that page without an account. I'll try to see if anyone has an account that can test it out for me, but in the meantime, are you able to right click inside the field in your screenshot and click Inspect? You should see the HTML for the field appear on the right side. If you could either copy/paste it or just take a screenshot of the code for me, that'd be helpful!

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn I just tried but since I already answered that question, it directly took me into my account. Next time, when and if it does it, I definitely will send that info over. Also, it wasn't a screenshot. I took the image with a snipping tool so no info :(

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevin2590 – Sounds good. Thank you again!

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn I just got an update on Password X but now it doesn't give me the option to auto-fill anymore on this BB&T site now. The password1 window gets stuck behind the login window only when I click on the right login box. It doesn't do anything when I click on the left box at all.

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn it also did the auto-fill
    on the security question page.

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn It appears that the new update broke things in the autofill department. Password x appears in Chase login box but won't autofill anymore.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @kevin2590! I'll get the issue filed for the 1Password X icon appearing in the security question field. We've got a fix for the inline menu appearing behind fields, and you should see it in an upcoming release. Filling from the 1Password X pop-up should still work, though.

ref: dev/core/core#788
    ref: dev/core/core#809

• kevin2590
    kevin2590
    Community Member

@kaitlyn yes it does. Okay, so I ll just wait for the fix then. Thanks again!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevin2590 – Absolutely! :)

This discussion has been closed.