Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what I 1password X

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Gallery! 1Password X is a full featured 1Password extension for Chrome and Firefox that can be used without a connection to the main 1Password app (but runs smoothly alongside it), and access to it comes with our 1Password.com accounts. It has a bunch of awesome features that the 1Password browser extension doesn't have yet, like your logins will be available directly within the web-page you are viewing. 1Password X will also receive new updates to saving and filling logic before the other apps. If that sounds good to you, I highly recommend giving 1Password X a shot. If you'd like to learn more about 1Password X and how to use it, check out this page. As always, if you have any questions at all, we'll be here for you!

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

1Password X is a full featured 1Password extension for Chrome

So kaitlyn, just to clarify, for windows users that have an existing installation of 1Password 7 for Windows and the companion app Chrome extension is it recommended to first uninstall the existing Chrome extension and then install 1P X (but keeping the Windows program)?

(And after signing in, the existing logins and passwords will appear seamlessly with 1P X?)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@jmjm – That sounds right, so long as you have all of your items stored inside your 1Password account and not inside any local vaults. 1Password X will only work with a 1Password membership, and items stored in local vaults don't have any way of appearing in 1Password X. That may be completely irrelevant to your use case, but it's worth mentioning just to be safe.

Another thing to note is that 1Password X can run without the 1Password 7 desktop app. I personally like to keep the desktop app around because I prefer the layout for editing and organizing my items, but it's not necessarily required to keep it installed.

This discussion has been closed.