To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot get 1P7 subscription purchased.

Options
delger
delger
Community Member

I am trying to migrate from v6 to v7 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. I've been trying things, reading help pages, and so on for just shy of 3 hours now. My goal is to purchase a membership on your subscription service. I have deleted my account and reset it up according to the instructions at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100724/faq-im-locked-out-of-my-account-membership-need-to-start-over#latest.

I have received an email stating that "Your account is ready to go." One consistent problem that I am having is that multiple login pages ask me for my "secret key." I don't seem to have a secret key or be able to find this; perhaps this is because I have not been able to complete the membership purchase? I tried to print out my emergency kit, but it asks me for my "secret key" and so I cannot access this kit. I also looked unsuccessfully for the secret key in my downloads folder on my mac.

My data has been moved from 1P6 to 1P7. However, right now, 1P7 says "read-only," and I cannot log in because of the missing secret key. And I don't seem to have or to be able to purchase a subscription either.

What should I do next?

Btw, this has been my worst software experience ever. I am not saying this to complain, and I certainly don't want an apology or empathy. But I would appreciate if you let the right people at your company know so that they can fix the problems. It would please me if other customers don't have to experience the myriad of problems I have been experiencing. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 7.4.1
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1 password web services?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @delger! Welcome to the forum!

I have received an email stating that "Your account is ready to go." One consistent problem that I am having is that multiple login pages ask me for my "secret key." I don't seem to have a secret key or be able to find this;

You get your Secret Key as part of your account creation. At the very end of the process, after you are asked for your Master Password to login, you should see a prompt to download your Emergency Kit in your browser.

If you visit https://my.1password.com in the same browser that you used to create your account, you should be able to login just by entering your Master Password. Once you are logged in, you can download your Emergency Kit.

If you created your account directly inside the 1Password for Mac app instead, your account should already be added there. If you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Accounts tab, you should see your account listed there, from where you can reveal your Secret Key.

• delger
    delger
    Community Member
    Options

You stated that
    "If you visit https://my.1password.com in the same browser that you used to create your account, you should be able to login just by entering your Master Password. Once you are logged in, you can download your Emergency Kit."

This appears to be incorrect.
    Note that the web form (see the attached screenshot) is asking for the secret key.
    Also, I am using the same browser that I used to create the account.

What do you advise next?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020
    Options

@delger:

Also, I am using the same browser that I used to create the account.

If your browser is set to delete cookies, or not to accept cookies at all, it would explain why it wasn't able to store that information for you. In that case you will have to get the Secret Key directly from your Emergency Kit (provided you did download it when the website prompted you to do it, which unfortunately doesn't seem like you did, from what you wrote).

What do you advise next?

I advise trying the second suggestion in my previous post, quoted here for your convenience:

If you created your account directly inside the 1Password for Mac app instead, your account should already be added there. If you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Accounts tab, you should see your account listed there, from where you can reveal your Secret Key.

Should this one not help either, it means that you both did not save the Emergency Kit when prompted, and you never logged in to any device outside of your browser. In this scenario, you will have to delete this account and create a new one, this time making sure to download a copy of the Emergency Kit when prompted to do so.

This discussion has been closed.