URL matching seems to be case sensitive

A few months back, I was trying to figure out why my credentials would not autofill on my website login form. I thought maybe there was a problem with my form. Eventually I realized that 1Password was not filling my credentials because I had used uppercase letters in the domain name that I manually typed into the URL field of the 1Password Login (it was formatted like this: https://www.MyCoolWebsite.com). Once I changed it to all lowercase, then the autofill started to work. Just thought I'd mention this since it seems like an overlooked detail that was really frustrating to try and figure out.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:URL matching is case sensitive

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @misbehavens ,
    Thank you for reporting this! I was able to reproduce it as you said and saw that while 1Password does suggest the correct login, it will not autofill.
    1Password X was able to autofill even with the capital letters in the URL, which is great news, since it means that a proper autofilling ability in that case will reach the companion extension as well at some point.

I will, however, file it for our devs, to make sure this doesn't get overlooked.
    Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.