Can 1PWD7 issue a "submit" command when logging into a website, like previous versions?

I've just switched to version 7, and the Autofill feature for logins doesn't look as good as previous versions. It seems like you have to click on "Autofill" even though you selected the right website login, then you have to click on the "Submit" or "Enter" button on the website to perform the login. I'm sure previous versions did both of these automatically, or had a preference to allow it, or it could be edited into the profile for the website login forms within 1Password. I can't find a preference setting for this, am I missing it?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 6
OS Version: OS X 15.2 (Catalina)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can 1PWD7 issue a "submit" command when logging into a website, like previous versions?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @nigelallam ,
    1Password should open the website and autofill it, but should not submit it for you as previous versions did.
    The Auto-Submit feature was removed due to Apple's security concerns in which extensions sent the ENTER key without the user's consent and allowed malware to be installed. We quickly followed and removed that feature, which you can easily mimic by hitting Enter after autofilling.

The issue where 1Password does not autofill your website is our focus here. Can you please tell me which browser are you using, and what is the URL of the website in question? I'd like to test it here and see if there's an issue or if it works well and guide you through it.

• nigelallam
    nigelallam
    Community Member

Thanks for the info on Apple's security concern, a backward step for me!

As to Autofill, for every website I open to log into, 1Password 7 requires me to click the Autofill button, so this isn't just one website. Take Amazon as an example. I go to the sign in screen, click 1Password mini in Safari, with recognises Amazon and opens the correct login details, then I have to click "Autofill" to get to the next step. Surely I should just acknowledge the suggested login and 1Password should do the autofill, then all I have to do is Submit it.

(By the way, 1Password tells me that agile bits website is "compromised". Is this s feature in 1Password 7?)

• Hey @nigelallam. What steps are you taking to actually do the autofill function? If you press Command-\ on your keyboard and have only one matching login for a given site, you should see you login automatically fill.

Regarding the Watchtower warning you're seeing, yes, Watchtower (2.0) is a feature new to 1Password 7. You can learn more about that particular incident here, and about Watchtower more generally here.

This discussion has been closed.