Autofill not working after upgrade to 1Password 7

Comments

• Thanks for the update. :) Based on the fact that other password managers also seem to have difficulty with the NVR's login page I wouldn't assume that fixing this bug will fix things there, but at least once it is fixed we can rule that out as part of the problem.

Ben

• bshipp
    bshipp
    Community Member

Lars, just following up on my previous issue. It does appear to be related to the Chrome extension. Safari seems ok.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification!

• BluePhoenix01
    BluePhoenix01
    Community Member

I am also still running into this still.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to the page you want to prefill
    2. Click on the username field to change focus
    3. Use the autofill keyboard shortcut
    4. 1Password dialog pops up and properly filters the login details for the page you are on
    5. Press return to select the entry to prefill
    6. Nothing prefills on the browser
    7. Press the autofill keyboard shortcut again and 1Password dialog displays but DOESN'T properly filter the login details (even though the page and field are in focus)
    8. Enter the details in the window to filter, select the credentials
    9. Now the details prefill properly on the page

This is on version
    1Password 7
    Version 7.3.2 (70302004)
    1Password Store

Using Chrome Extension
    Version

Using Google Chrome for Mac
    Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Rarely, the prefill works on the first attempt, but haven't been able to figure out why.

• Thanks @BluePhoenix01. What you've described is an issue our development team is aware of and is working hard to track down. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have a fix soon.

Ben

• BluePhoenix01
    BluePhoenix01
    Community Member

Awesome, glad you are on the trail!

Looking forward to it, keep up the great work.

• Thanks for saying so. :)

Ben

• DerPatrick123
    DerPatrick123
    Community Member

Happened something here? That issue is really frustrating!

• Hi @DerPatrick123

We're 1Password users too, so we're likely just as if not more frustrated by the situation as you are. I can definitely sympathize here. It is something we're working hard to resolve and apologize it is taking as long as it is to do so.

In the mean time, as has been suggested above, 1Password X may be a workaround (if you have a 1Password membership).

1Password X

Ben

• mbaierl
    mbaierl
    Community Member

This is a really really really annoying bug :-(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We apologize for any disruption this may cause. We continue working hard to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, 1Password X is a viable alternative if you have a Membership, as Ben mentioned in the post above.

• mjt
    mjt
    Community Member

I can say that this bug is still present but less severe than it was.

I did try 1PasswordX but the repeated requests for the full password were worse.

• @mjt

I'm not sure how it would be any different to be honest as there hasn't been an update addressing this yet. Thanks for giving 1Password X a try. We are working on desktop app integration for 1Password X + 1Password for Mac, so that as long as 1Password for Mac is unlocked 1Password X will be too (which means you can unlock with Touch ID if enabled). That is currently in beta. You can read more about it here:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Ben

• mjt
    mjt
    Community Member

I agree that it should not be different but I find that it is. Wierd

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll be able to find a good solution that works for everyone. :)

• benubois
    benubois
    Community Member

Any progress on this issue? It happens 100% of the time for me if there is more than one password for a domain saved in 1Password.

Would be happy to screenshare if the devs are having any trouble reproducing it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @benubois! Thanks for the offer, but we're aware of the issue and working on a fix for it. Nothing to report as far as a distinct timeline, but our apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience as we work toward a solution.

• ct9tgHy
    ct9tgHy
    Community Member

Are you guys going to fix this or is it time to move on to a different password manager? This has been going on for months now and no solutions have been provided - it's a widespread problem and all members on my account have this issue. It makes 1Password almost unusable for most purposes.

• photopilot
    photopilot
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Tired of cutting and pasting.

• mjt
    mjt
    Community Member

For what it is worth, 1Password is now getting it right more than 50% of the time.

I cannot identify any factors which make success more or less likely but that is my experience.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

We are indeed working on this issue, folks -- thanks for checking on it. We hope to have some news for you you in the not-too-distant future, but I've nothing to offer in terms of a timeline at this point. Thanks for your patience in the meantime, and if you have a 1Password account, please do consider 1Password X or using another browser temporarily.

• tfu
    tfu
    Community Member

Just chiming in to say my wife and I have also been having this issue for months and its very frustrating. But 1p is tremendous software and still miles better than the other ones. So please work on it but thank you for everything else you have been doing to deliver value 😀

• Thanks for chiming in @tfu. We realize it is frustrating and we are working hard on it. There's a new beta build which you can access if you're willing to install beta software. To be clear, this is the same version we've submitted for review for the stable channel, but approval for that takes longer -- last one took between two and three weeks, if I recall correctly. The beta version of 1Password extension for Chrome can be downloaded at this link:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-beta-desktop-ap/phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha

Just make sure you disable the stable extension before you try to use this one.

Ben

• DeltaSeven
    DeltaSeven
    Community Member

Ben, I used the link you just posted to get the beta extension for Chrome. I logged in and out of my bank three or four times and it worked just fine. Before the beta extension it worked intermittently. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Even better, the beta extension worked just fine for my security cameras. Before the beta, it failed 100% of the time. This web page is generated by the NVR software I use with my cameras.

Thanks! I'll be watching for the release version and then disable the beta extension in Chrome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know! I am happy to hear that the latest beta extension fixed the issue for you :)

• tfu
    tfu
    Community Member

thanks, I’ll try the beta!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• Dave Fox
    Dave Fox
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Oops posted in wrong place - deleting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

No worries :+1: :)

• mustdobetter
    mustdobetter
    Community Member

I can also confirm that the beta version of the Chrome extension seems to fix the issue. This has been plaguing me for months now, with it working only ~20% of the time. I'm overjoyed that this now seems to be permanently working for me.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.