Is this how a login for Amazon should work?

Options

I have looked at the support document titled "Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages".

Now Amazon is such an example.

So now that I/1P has created the login for Amazon, this is what happens for me when I login:

1. Selecting the Amazon login from the Chrome extension opens the correct page and automatically inserts the USERNAME and I must select CONTINUE which takes me to the next SIGN In page
  2. I open 1P again using the extension and see only Amazon and selecting it the password autofills and automatically takes me to a 2FA screen

Is what I have described "should" happen with a sign in across multiple pages?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jmjm, things sound proper to me. :smile: If you're using 1Password X, things get even simpler. After autofilling on the first page, simply clicking to continue on to the next page should then result in your password being autofilled, no further action required there, and then the same is true for the 2FA screen as well.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

f you're using 1Password** X,** things get even simpler.

You guys are really promoting X :).

michael, given I have the windows desktop app + the "regular" Chrome extension installed, what needs to be done to go all in with 1P X? For example which of the windows app and or "regular" Chrome extension should be uninstalled (before installing 1P X?)?

• @jmjm

1Password X is entirely independent of the desktop apps. So you would remove the desktop-dependent Chrome extension and install 1Password X. Making sure if you leave both on your system, only have one enabled at a given time. The setup topic is fairly short for 1Password X, but it's a great place to start. Incidentally, I was late to the party and moved to 1Password X a few weeks ago. I can't imagine using anything else now.

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

So you would remove the desktop-dependent Chrome extension and install 1Password X.

So just to clarify. I **keep ** the windows desktop version of 1P, **uninstall **the "regular" Chrome extension and then install 1P X. And when I sign in/login to 1P X all will be sync'd?

• Yes, indeed.

If you decide you like the desktop-dependent version more, simply repeat the process and switch the versions. You may also wish to review a short video on 1Password X and its use. https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    Options

I am sure this is obvious but can one install ONLY 1Password X (ie no Windows desktop 7.3.712 and no "regular" 1P extension)? (Nowhere do I see the details of the install for people already using the windows and "ordinary" browser extension.)

• Ben
    Options

You could, yes. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.