Credit card shows expired - but it isn't

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password warns me about credit card expired.

Comments

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have these settings but still have the same problem as mentioned in the frist post in this topic.

• Could you provide some specifics here without actually sharing any of the data you've saved for this item, @r1ma? For example, is this credit card set to expire soon at all? Since it seems you're in the U.S. this is probably unlikely but any chance that CC has a valid from date? Is the expiration date definitely in the right field? I assume you entered the expiration date in the default field provided as part of the template and not a custom field?

Apologies for the interrogation, but these issues are as likely to be related to how the item itself has been created as your actual date/time settings so I'm trying my best to rule out some possibilities without asking you for any personal info. Since we look to have similar region settings and the like, I should be able to reproduce this, but the trouble will be determining if any of the things I can manage to make trigger this are things you've actually done. Hopefully some of the above will help us move in that direction so we can talk about some more concrete possibilities. :+1:

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate I mostly meant to know how to do this:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/46750/1password-doesnt-support-international-debit-card-with-different-calendaring-systems-confirmed

Reply of @mohammad1361 that he said:
    "now 1password support Persian calendar "

How to add for example Persian calendar to 1Password for Windows? Thanks.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate
    " I assume you entered the expiration date in the default field provided as part of the template and not a custom field?"
    Yes, I will try to make a custom field now

• Ah, I see what you're saying, @r1ma, sorry about that. I thought you were using the Gregorian calendar and still seeing incorrect feedback from Watchtower. The peril of splitting off threads from other platforms, I guess. 1Password should rely on your system settings for dates so if Windows is set to use the Persian calendar, then 1Password will as well.

On the custom field front, I mentioned that because Watchtower doesn't check custom fields for expiry dates so I could see it possibly misbehaving if you added a custom field and left the default empty. I'd expect a custom field to also follow your system settings so it shouldn't behave any differently in that respect.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

@bundtkate I could make it, provided that I typed 'other' in the card type.

• Interesting, @r1ma, thanks for sharing and I'm glad you got things working! Guess you got to teach me something today. :chuffed: I'm American and have no experience at all with alternate calendars, so it's nice to know our development team has that covered.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @bundtkate BTW, I followed you on Twitter. Your DM is not open, so I couldn't let you know there.

• Oh my goodness, now I feel like I have to watch my mouth on Twitter, @r1ma! :lol: I do try to keep work and personal separate, as much as I can given both happen online these days, so I did lock down my DMs in part so I don't give in to working on personal time. But, if you ever need me specifically for anything, do feel free to drop me a mention – I'll find whatever you're asking about as soon as I'm back in work mode. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.