I have a license. How do I sign in to newly downloaded app?

Options

I have a 1PW license and just downloaded the app to a new PC. How do I get signed in without a sign-in address and secret key that a membership has?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have a license. How do I sign in to newly downloaded app?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrs.meerkat,

Thank you for getting in touch!

The sign into an account option (with Secret Key and Sign-in address and QR code) is strictly for users that have signed up for the new subscription plan. If you purchased 1Password a while back, you didn't get an account with the new service. What you have is a standalone license. They are different.

Could you please specify what license did you purchase (1Password 4 for Windows or 1Password 7 for Windows) and which 1Password app did you download now?

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• mrs.meerkat
    mrs.meerkat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Thank you for answering! Here's what I have from "About 1Password" in the app:
    1Password 6
    Version 6.8.9 (689001)
    AgileBits Store
    I'm using it on a mac, though I have downloaded it to a PC as well. (I don't remember how I worked around the sign in problem back then).
    As to what I downloaded now, I just went to the website (on a new PC) and downloaded the option for Windows that was shown there. There didn't seem to be a choice.
    Hope that helps!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrs.meerkat:

Thank you for the clarification. Do you remember buying also a Windows license back in the day, in addition to the Mac one?

• mrs.meerkat
    mrs.meerkat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - thanks for replying. Gosh, not if it was a separate additional license. But anyway, I've been using a 1Password app on both my mac and pc for years, just connecting them both to the dropbox.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrs.meerkat: It is possible that you have been using 1Password 4 for Windows, not 1Password 7. Please try to download 1Password 4 from here and tell me if it looks like the one that you used. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.