To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrated from 6 to 7 membership - now all entries are duplicated in vault

jogotron
jogotron
Community Member

Hi, I'm sure this is an easy fix, but I can't seem to find it. I've just migrated from version 6 using dropbox to version 7 using the membership. After the migration all entries were duplicated as there were the two vaults, one from dropbox, one using 1password. I've deleted the dropbox vault, but now have a duplicated entry for all of my entries. (600 instead of 300 approx)

Is there a way to delete all of these duplicate records?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jogotron

If you have a Mac running 1Password 7 (I am unsure about Windows), you can try the duplicate remover feature.

1Password (in your menubar) Help > Tools menu, "Clean Up Duplicate Items."

• Please make sure you select the vault where the duplicates are. If you are currently in All Vault's view, the duplicate removal will be greyed out or unavailable.

Sometimes the duplicate finder is unable to distinguish items accurately. In such situations, I would suggest using the sort by title feature. That should group them together; however, at that point, it will be a manual process. :( I had to go through the manual process long before the duplicate finder existed. If you find yourself in such a situation, then I suggest working through a small number each day or a few times a day.

This discussion has been closed.