Firefox extension 1.17.0 - Can I install the previous version?

Options

I've got two computers. My Surface has the older version of the extension for Firefox. It is much easier to use. My desktop has the "latest and greatest" which I find anything but. In my frustration, I have even turned off "automatically lock 1Password", but it locks anyway. There is some cool stuff in this version, but it is incomplete without Windows Hello.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0~
OS Version: Windows 10 1909, build 18363.535
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox extension 1.17.0

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stevewoo!

Please download the companion extension from here, as it sounds like 1Password X might not be the right extension based on your preferences.

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you - finally remembered to install the older version. I quite like the X version except for the, for me, constant necessity of reentering my master password.

• We hope to offer Hello unlocking via desktop app integration with 1Password X farther down the road @stevewoo. I can't give you anything approaching an ETA at the moment, but it's on the wishlist for sure. Also, while this won't allow unlocking with Hello, it's worth mentioning that 1Password X has its own autolock settings so if you happened to toggle off autolocking in the desktop app that wouldn't prevent 1Password X from locking. If you right-click the extension icon, you can find Settings for 1Password X there. It will still lock when you close Firefox – since it's an extension it doesn't keep running when you close your browser like the desktop app does – but if you didn't find those settings before and were enthusiastic enough about 1Password X it's worth looking for ways to make it work, you might give it another go with your lock settings properly tweaked for the extension.

Obviously up to you, but figured I'd mention it on the off-chance. Regardless, enjoy and keep an eye out for news about desktop app integration later on. :chuffed:

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member
    Options

I had discovered the 1PasswordX autolock settings. Sooner or later I would have figured out that closing Firefox would also lock the extension. I'll hold out! Thanks,

• :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.