To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

'w' key stuck

Options

Comments

• jerrybens51
    jerrybens51
    Community Member
    Options

I am having trouble with the letter w on my computer since I tried to delete 1password. It did not completely uninstall ....it was still trying to auto fill passwords but it was generating wwwwwwwwwwwww to infinity

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jerrybens51! Welcome to the forum!

It did not completely uninstall

Can you please clarify what did not uninstall? For example, if you open the Applications folder on your computer, do you still see 1Password there?

• jerrybens51
    jerrybens51
    Community Member
    Options

When I said it didn't completely uninstall I ment that after I uninstall 1pasword and tried to log in to something on my Windows 10 computer ....the lock icon was still there...... another issue is my keyboard would start adding wwwwwww

• jerrybens51
    jerrybens51
    Community Member
    Options

I think I mean to say was when I try to login to websites on my Windows 10 computer the lock icon is still present after l uninstalled it....and if I try to manually type in my password 1pasdword starts inserting the letter w as if the key was stuck

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jerrybens51:

the lock icon was still there

Do you mean in your browser? If so, please make sure you remove the 1Password browser extension too, in addition to the desktop app.

and if I try to manually type in my password 1pasdword starts inserting the letter w as if the key was stuck

Where are you trying to manually type in your password exactly? Can you please post a screenshot of where this is happening?

This discussion has been closed.