To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Synch issue

Options
ldbaker
ldbaker
Community Member

I recently moved data from 1 password 6 to 1 password 7. I have an individual account which I also synch with my wife's devices as we share all passwords. I have successfully got 1 password to work on all our devices except my wife's Iphone X. On her device, it forces me to download data for a vault named "LARRYB." For whatever reason that vault only contains a few items and I do not use it. I am wanting her device to synch with my primary vault, but it's not listed as an option on her phone when I try to do it. The synch button also does not exist. FYI: The primary vault on my mac and my iPhone synchs with iCloud.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 0S 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Synching

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ldbaker!

I am wanting her device to synch with my primary vault,

Your Primary vault is not stored inside your Individual 1Password account. As you also confirmed in your first post, you are still syncing data via iCloud: that is where your Primary vault is currently stored.

Would you like to sync your data via your Individual account or via iCloud?

• ldbaker
    ldbaker
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I would like to sync my wife’s phone with iCloud

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ldbaker:

Thank you for the confirmation. When you install the app on her phone, you don't have to select your account then. Instead, you have to select the iCloud option when 1Password asks you where your data is stored.

If you remove and reinstall the app, you will be able to choose the correct location.

This discussion has been closed.