Login when the Username isn't "username"

Very minor annoyance. But I have a similar problem on multiple websites. In this case, the website is:

https://www.ozk.com/login/business/

The username field for this website (found in raw HTML) is "AccessID".

It's easy enough to get 1PasswordX to recognize it by adding a section for "AccessID".

But here's the deal: one of the best things about 1PasswordX (over the old 1Password) is that it OFFERS to autofill (i.e.., "suggest in browser") usernames and passwords for me when it recognizes those fields.

Yet, if I have to manually add/rename the "username" field (as with this website), I lose that feature--and have to return to the top of the screen and pull down to Autofill.

Again...minor. But as a user, my experience on websites with usernames called something other than "username"...should be identical to my experience on websites that are.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Login when the Username isn't "username"

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting this on our radar, @rtvanhook! There are many instances where 1Password is smart enough to recognize a username field even if it doesn't have a name of "username." We take other factors into play, like the htmlName, htmlID, autocomplete type, etc. This field in particular doesn't give us much to work with, though, since it only contains a name and a label (labels don't hold much weight since they aren't as reliable as you'd think). It's also the only field on the page, so we can't make any assumptions based on the fields around it. While I can see where 1Password is having trouble, we definitely have an opportunity here.

I'll go ahead and get it reported to our developers so we can work towards improving the behavior. If you notice a similar issue on any other websites, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. :)

ref: dev/core/core#786

This discussion has been closed.