To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to view and restore previous versions of items

CoreyCorey
CoreyCorey
Community Member

I've read the support article on this, and I can't figure out why these features do not exist on my account. I've looked on 1Password 7 for Windows, the web-based version, and the browser extension (companion).

I am using a Team account, but the article states you simply need to have a 1Password.com membership, which I do.

Is it because I'm still on the trial? If so, will adding a credit card enable it or do I need to end the trial to access these features?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CoreyCorey,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Item History is available on 1Password.com only (not in 1Password for Windows or 1Password for Mac) at the moment. Could you please specify what difficulties you have there? What do you see when you access your items in your browser? I see this button on my side:

If you don't, it is possible that the administrator of your account restricted your item history permissions. Please let us know what you find. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• CoreyCorey
    CoreyCorey
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Thank you so much, @Greg!

That's all I needed.

I suggest:

1. Clarify that the website needs to be used in the support article. It does say that you need to sign in to your account on 1Password.com, but when reading quickly (or not carefully enough), that can be easily interrupted as you must sign in to 1Password (anywhere) using a 1Password.com account (hosted), which I had done.
    2. Explain where to find the feature better in the article. I've been designing software for two decades and that is not a place I would have expected that feature to show. I was expecting it to show in the same area as the +, Edit, View Archived Items, etc. given its functionality. However, if the feature was also on the other apps, I would have noticed it from regular use, but I rarely use the website so it didn't occur to me to look within the data area for the button.
    3. The article should probably also mention that that is where the "Show Previous Used Passwords" is located, too.
    4. And a note that neither "Show Previous Used Passwords" nor "View Item History" will be shown if they're not applicable (no changes have been made).

Thanks for the amazing support and solving this!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CoreyCorey,

You are more than welcome! I am glad to hear I was able to help.

Your suggestions and feedback are really valuable – I will make sure to pass them along to our docs team. There is always a room for improvement. :)

If you ever bump into any difficulties with 1Password again, you know where to find us. We are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

• CoreyCorey
    CoreyCorey
    Community Member

The article should probably also mention that that is where the "Show Previous Used Passwords" is located, too.

It's called "Show previously used passwords" on 1Password for Windows.

You may want to make those named consistently across platforms.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@CoreyCorey: Thank you for noticing! I will forward your notes to our team, as we are always looking at making 1Password experience more consistent across platforms.

Thanks again! :chuffed:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.