Age of the App at the AppStore

firebird
firebird
Community Member

I use 1PW Family and install it also on the iPad of my children (own account). I allow content that is 12+ but now the 1PW App is gone because it is for 17+. To be honest, I have no idea why 17+? Maybe you can change the age in the AppStore? Thank you to bring also security to the younger age. Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @firebird,

The reason for the rating is the inclusion of the built-in browser "1Browser." I'm really sorry you and your loved ones are affected by this. It's something we've pursued, but it's Apple's App Store, and they need to do what they believe is best for that. The only options we have are to keep 1Browser and have a 17+ rating, or remove it and get a less restrictive one. Frankly, there are those here at AgileBits and probably the 1Password user base who would be totally okay with that tradeoff, losing 1Browser, but a lot of folks use 1Browser every day and would hate to lose it. Either way hurts people, and that's unfortunate.

So, for the time being at least, we've opted to not remove functionality from 1Password for iOS and take the rating. It's something we'll continue to consider though, and who knows, maybe Apple will change their policies in the future, or offer some new technology which allows us to have it both ways.

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective on this. One solution you might consider is disabling age restrictions but using the Family Sharing features so that your children have to have any apps they install approved by a parent.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

I hope that helps!

Ben

• firebird
    firebird
    Community Member

Thx Ben - I understand why you have this rate now. It is more a "police" instead of real reason. The good thing is we all getting older ;)

• You're welcome. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.