To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how do you link a website login password to a desktop application password

Options
wjcevans
wjcevans
Community Member

I have an on-line account with a software company and I use a number of their programs. These programs all run as stand-alone programs on my desktop, and all data generated by these programs is stored on my desktop. However, in order to launch these programs, it requires me to enter my user id and password for my account. If I change my password on my user account, it automatically changes my login password for the software and vice versa.

My question is does 1Passw@rd have the ability to handle this type of problem and how simple is it to link the application software password to the account user id password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do you link a website login password to a desktop application password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wjcevans,

Thank you for getting in touch!

First of all, could you please specify what platform you are on, Windows or macOS? This info will be helpful.

As for the question at hand: you can save the credentials for all those apps as a Login item to your vault and then use drag&drop in 1Password X to fill your credentials in the apps.

Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.