TouchID support for Firefox on Mac?

Options
Zanto
Zanto
Community Member

I have been using the Safari 1Password extension and find TouchID support very convenient.

I would like to move away from Safari to Firefox (72.0+). I can't find any options to enable TouchID support for the Firefox extension. Is TouchID supported for Firefox? 1Password's page about this doesn't specify which browsers on Mac have TouchID support. It would be helpful to know.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1.17
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zanto - if you're using Touch ID in Safari, that means you're using the companion extension. In Firefox, based on your version number, you're using 1Password X, not the companion extension. If you want Touch ID support, you've got essentially three options:

1. Disable 1Password X and install the companion app extension for Firefox.
    2. Install the beta version of both 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password X, which will allow Desktop App Integration, including Touch ID.
    3. If you're not comfortable with installing beta software, wait for the stable version to include Desktop App Integration (I have no timeframe for when this will be included in the stable channel, but that's the current goal).

Let us know if you have questions!

• Zanto
    Zanto
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Thanks for your time and help on this. I will try option 1.
    2. Why don't you make this info easily findable and understandable on your website? It would have saved us both a lot of time.
    3. Why are there so many different versions of the same thing? Bitwarden, Lastpass, Remembear... these guys don't have all the confusion with extensions: they just work.
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Zanto - sounds good. Let us know how installing the companion extension works for you, and feel free to drop by anytime if you have questions about use of 1Password; we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.