Does 1password require installing browser extensions or add-ons?

Options

will 1password work on a guest system where I can't install any software or browser extensions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:will 1password work on a guest system where I can't install any software or browser extensions

Comments

• csdavismn
    csdavismn
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what is going on here. I posted a question, but I am not sure if it was accpeted.

• Technically it will, @csdavismn, as we do have the web app available, but you would need to copy and paste from there rather than filling as you would were you able to install at least a browser extension. This leads to a "works, but probably not ideal" sort of experience. In addition, circumstances really do matter here. There are certainly a lot of protections in place for your data no matter where you access it but nothing – and I mean absolutely nothing – can guarantee your data's safety and security on a compromised system. Emergencies happen and you may not always have the choice but whenever possible, not matter how painful it might be, I would strongly recommend not accessing your 1Password data on a device you don't control. You don't know how secure that device is, how it's used by others, or what sort of scary stuff another person may have downloaded or installed. We all have tiny computers in our pockets these days and those tiny computers should have 1Password. If you need to access an account on a device that's not yours, I'd use that tiny computer to look up the single password you need and type it out rather than signing into your an account on an unfamiliar device. It's the best way to be able to do the work you need to with as little risk as possible. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.