Edge Chromium not working with 1password browser extension

I had this same problem under the Dev Canary for Edge (see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/540605#Comment_540605) but we thought it would clear up when the stable release of Edge happened. Today, I downloaded the stable release, installed the 1pw browser extension (not 1PasswordX) and I get the exact same results. When I click the icon, 1pw opens a new tab saying it's trying to connect to the 1pw app but fails to do so. I'm on the latest version of macOS Catalina and the latest version of 1Password for Mac (which works fine including from Safari and Chrome).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• avery_shealey
    avery_shealey
    Community Member

Screen shot:

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

Seems to work just fine with my 1Password7 for Mac, iOS, and X, but time will tell. Haven't yet tried it on Windows—ha! Gotta love how they buried changing the default search engine (and make you quit then rerun to switch).

• avery_shealey
    avery_shealey
    Community Member

Yes... I downloaded and used it this morning. I believe this post is in the wrong forum though - this is for Edge for macOS not Windows. Could someone move it to the correct place? Thanks!

• No need to move it in this case, @avery_shealey, as I was just having a chat with our Mac team about this so for once in my life, I'm the one in the know about a macOS thing! 🎉 At present, 1Password for Mac is only compatible with the beta version of Microsoft Edge Chromium, but as @r1ma mentioned it's stable as of today (yay!) so we'll be fixing that up hopefully in the next version. It's a pretty minor change so I don't foresee any reason that won't be the case, but standard caveat applies that nothing is real until it's shipped as I fear I'd jinx myself otherwise. :wink:

For now, if you install the beta version of your browser (given the timing, likely very similar to stable, if not identical), you'll be all set to save and fill in Chromium Edge. As soon as the next version of 1Password for Mac lands, take a quick peek at the release notes to make sure I didn't jinx it, but you should be able to swap to stable then. :+1:

• avery_shealey
    avery_shealey
    Community Member

Great. I'll wait for the next patch to come out to see if that resolves the issue! Thank you!

• No trouble at all, @avery_shealey! Apologies we weren't more on top of this one. In my head, stable was slated for closer to the 20th, but it looks like I was off the mark there (or Microsoft was just speedier than expected). We'll get it done. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.